Jump to navigation Jump to search
<< Prev | Next >>
This page lists data sources for the quantitative investigation of power structures.
World Power Structure
The following data sets relate to international relations, conflict, and trade:
- Correlates of War Project, National Material Capabilities (v5.0) (population, number of military personnel, military expenditure, and Composite Index of National Capability (CINC)).
- Credit Suisse, Global Wealth Report (total household wealth in USD by country, 2010-2020).
- International Monetary Fund, World Economic Outlook Database (GDP PPP from 1980).
- Maddison Project Database (2018) (historical per capita GDP).
- Penn World Table (v9.1) (historical GDP).
- Seshat Project, Seshat Global History Databank (data on historical regions and civilizations).
- World Bank. The Changing Wealth of Nations (1995, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2014) (national household wealth in 2014 USD millions).
- World Bank, GDP in current USD (1960-2018).
- World Bank, Historical GDP Purchasing Power Parity (1990-2019; current USD).
- World Bank, Military expenditure as percentage of GDP (1960-2019).
- Correlates of War Project, COW War Data, 1816-2007 (v4.0).
- Correlates of War Project, Militarized Interstate Disputes (v4.3) (1816-2010).
- Digital Attack Map (real time analytics of cyber conflict).
- Integrated Crisis Early Warning System (ICEWS) Dataverse (event coding of international political news).
- PRIO, International conflict data sets.
- SIPRI, International conflict data sets, including military expenditures (1949-2018; USD millions).
- UCDP, International conflict data sets, including external support (i.e. proxy wars) (1975-2009).
- Wikipedia, List of proxy wars (1839-present).
- Wikipedia, List of wars by death toll.
International Trade, Assistance, and Cooperation
- CEPII, Bilateral Trade History Dataset (1827-2014, also contains GDP in current GBP and population).
- Correlates of War Project, Defense Cooperation Agreement Dataset (v1) (1980-2010).
- Correlates of War Project, Interstate Alliances (v4.1) (1816-2012).
- Correlates of War Project, Trade (v4.0) (1870-2014; USD millions).
- The RICardo Project, Trade between Nations (1800-1938).
- Roodman, David. Net Aid Transfers data set (1960–2016).
- UCDP, Dyadic Dataset version 19.1 (1946-2018).
- UNESCAP, Gravity Model of Trade Data.
- William & Mary, AidData (data on international aid transfers).
- Dotlan, EVE maps (real-time alliance and conflict information for the EVE Online computer game).